Newark Airport to Long Island City TransferBuy tickets now
For your Newark Airport (EWR) to Long Island City (Queens) transfer you have several options. It’s a long journey, that can take quite some time if you travel by public transportation. You could take the train to Manhattan, then transfer to the subway, taxi or bus.
I wouldn’t recommend to take a taxi at Newark Airport. If you travel from one state to another, airport taxis are allowed to charge you a special, premium price for these interstate drives. Should you take such a cab, expect to pay about $140 to $160. Personally, I advise you to book a car service with a driver in advance, this is much cheaper and you know the amount (excluding tips and tolls) upfront.
In case you’re travelling with four or more people, I really recommend to use the car service and book your Mini Van below.
Follow the steps below to book your transport:
- Enter Newark Airport and your flight data and make sure to select ‘International (Outside only)’ at ‘Meeting Area’.
- Enter Queens, choose Long Island City and then add the address.
- Enter the date and pick-up time (you can just enter your flight’s arrival time, they will keep an eye on your actual flight arrival time).
- Choose the car you like.
- Enter your personal details and choose your form of payment, I recommend you to choose the cash option, you’ll then pay cash to the driver
- Enter your phone number and make sure to enter your phone number again at ‘Special Requests’. Do it the international way this time. As for example: “Hello, my phone number is 0044 7X XXX XXX XX”.
- Confirm your order and check if you’ve received the confirmation email.